Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Garlic Parmesan Linguine


Coming up with a quick supper after work everyday is a hassle and I am always concocting new fast dishes. This one isn't the fastest on account of the pasta boiling, but really that doesn't take too long. Growing up my mom used to make this with white spaghetti noodles but hubby and I try to stay away from white flour so I used whole wheat linguine.

Please keep in mind this is not actually that healthy but everything in moderation right?

Garlic Parmesan Linguine

1 box whole wheat linguine, boiled to your prefrence
1/2 container grated parmesan cheese (good quality)
garlic powder (your taste, but absolutley have to use some)
2-4 tbs. parsley (either dry or fresh)
4-6 tbs. butter

Boil linguine to your taste prefrence, I personally like it al dente. Drain and put hot noodles back in pot or giant bowl. Add butter and toss until butter is melted, add parmesan cheese and toss to combine again, add garlic powder and parsley, toss to combine.

variation:

turkey breast, cubed
snow peas, steamed

My mom used to serve it with a seprate meat but I need quick so I added 1/2 leftover turkey breast, cubed and reheated in microwave, with 1 package steam fresh snow peas. Tossed to combine- viola!

Either way you make it, with extras or not it is wonderful. I recommend trying it at least once the original way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...