Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Sugared Pomegranate Cocktail

I was first introduced to this adult beverage at my bachelorette party, that was over 3 years ago and I haven’t had it since. I am normally a wine drinker and have no shame in admitting that I imbibe in a glass or two every once in a while for no special reason other than I want to, so ha! Well, with the Academy Awards Sunday night, (I watched only because I am a major Melissa McCarthy fan and just had to see what she was wearing!) I made these for myself. I went all upscale and had champagne. No she didn’t, oh yes I did. Wink.

It is as good as I remembered it being.

I apologize for not having exact amounts, it’s more of an eyeball it out type of recipe.


Sugared Pomegranate Cocktail
recipe from memory

bottle Brut Extra Dry champagne
pomegranate juice*
sugar cubes

Place one sugar cube into the bottom of a champagne flute.


Top with a splash of pomegranate juice.


Then slowly pour the champagne over the juice.


*I used blueberry pomegrante juice but the original is just as good.

Simple as that and it makes one amazing drink.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...