Monday, June 14, 2010

Pistachio Pudding

Every year, without fail, my grandma makes this dish. "The Green Stuff" adorns the table at every get together and every holiday. This recipe is home to me.

When I was little I always asked for the green stuff whenever I knew we were going to Grandmas for supper. I am now 27 years old and I am still enjoying this pudding on a regular basis. Everytime she asks me what she should bring I tell her still the green stuff. I love her for so many reasons and this is one of them.

Saturday BCakes, my Father-in-Law and I went to the Annual Iola Cemetary Meeting and Picnic. This is my second year in attendance so I had an idea of what dish to bring along with me. It is so hot this time of year and light dishes are best so I thought of Grandmas recipe. I was right to make it, almost all of it was eaten up and it got so many compliments.

Make it, not only is it super simple but it's super tasty.


Pistachio Pudding, aka The Green Stuff
recipe from my Grandma

1 can crushed pineapple with juice
1 small tub whipped topping
1 box instant pistashio pudding
1 cup finely chopped pecans

Mix all the ingredients together and place in icebox overnight.


See, it's that simple and it really is sooooo yummy.

Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...