Monday, January 31, 2011

Spinach Dip

Who hasn’t had spinach dip? I am guessing just about everyone has tried it at some point in their lives, unless they are absolutely positively against spinach, and some people are. If you’re not against spinach and you are the 1 out of 10,000 that hasn’t tried it I beg of you go to the store, buy the ingredients, make this dip, and try it. You won’t be disappointed, I promise!

This is the dip among dips in my opinion; as far a cold dips go. My Aunt Beth is actually the first person in my life to have ever served it and although I would eat some, during my childhood years, I don’t remember being in love with it then. Truthfully, I had kind of forgotten all about it until a few years ago when my Mother in Law made it. The difference now, unlike my childhood years, is that I am crazy over it. My Aunt serves hers in a Hawaiian Bread bowl but my MIL serves hers alongside a bag of salty potato chips. Either way you serve it I’ll take it, seriously I will take the whole bowl and run.

I don’t know if you’ve noticed but lately Baby Cakes and I have been having the occasional dip for supper during the week. I honestly think it might end up being some kind of a weekly tradition. I for one am stoked, how easy is a dip for dinner? Super easy, that’s how easy.


Spinach Dip
recipe from Knorr website

10 oz. package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
16 oz. container sour cream
1 cup mayonnaise
1 package Knorr® Vegetable recipe mix
8 oz. water chestnuts, chopped (optional)

Combine all ingredients and chill for at least 2 hours.


Peace, Love, and Spinach Dip (I think I just found my new sign off),

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...