Friday, January 7, 2011

Crock Pot Chicken

I have a feeling there will be many more crock pot recipes to come in the near future. My in-laws gave me a new crock pot for Christmas and I am overjoyed. My old one also given to me by my Mother-in-Law, only had one heat setting still working and that was the HIGH setting. Everything I made was overcooked only I had no idea. Not only that but this thing can turn off the cooking after the set amount time and kick on the warming setting so that even if I run late at work the food won’t be overcooked and it’ll still be warm. LOVE.

This recipe is a breeze to prep in the morning. There is nothing worse than trying to rush out of the door only to have to chop and precook something before it even goes into the slow cooker. This is as simple as tossing in the meat, opening some cans and turning that baby on. When it’s time to eat I just cooked some rice and a veggie.

I realized today, while typing this that I never added the sour cream that the original recipe calls for. Somehow I just forgot about it and honestly it didn't seem to matter because this is delicious. Wonderful. Amazing. I can’t wait to try it with the sour cream next time. Even Baby Cakes went crazy over this recipe. Yeah, it’s a keeper.


Crock Pot Chicken
accidently adapted from Jenny Mac's Lip Smack

1 lb. ground chicken or turkey
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can condensed cheddar cheese soup
2 cans sliced mushrooms, drain
salt and pepper
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tbs. dried chives

Sprinkle the uncooked ground meat with the seasonings and break up into the crock pot. Mix together the undiluted soups and mushrooms in a bowl and pour over meat.
Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.

Serve over rice or broad noodles.


This really is so very yummy. I plan on making it again and again and again only next time maybe I'll remember the sour cream because that would truly just kick it up to a whole other level of good.

Share this one, you won't be sorry.

XOXO,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...