Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Grape BBQ Meatballs

Keeping with the quick and simple recipe plan I thought I would try these little meatballs. I found this recipe on another blog that I frequent but didn’t want to turn the oven on so I adapted it ever so slightly to make it quicker in an attempt to keep the house cool.

I will admit. I am not crazy about them, there aren’t bad persay but they aren't great either. I could frankly take them or leave them. Although Baby Cakes does not agree with me. He insists that they are keepers, I wish that I felt the same way.

Perhaps making them with raspberry jam or blackberry preserves... Okay, these will be back at some point in the future with a different jam or even with pork instead of beef.


Grape BBQ Meatballs
recipe adapted from Taste and Tell

1 cup grape jam
2 cups prepared bbq sauce
a bag of frozen home-style meatballs

In a large saucepan bring the jam and bbq sauce to a low boil over medium heat. Add the meatballs and heat thoroughly for 20-30 minutes, stirring to coat often.

Serve over rice or potatoes.


Quick and easy, just how I like a weeknight supper to be.

Wink,

1 comment:

  1. oh those seem like super bowl party fare to me!!! and I love them!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...