Monday, September 19, 2011

Crock Pot Chicken

Most of us are all about convenience, at any cost, but when living and thriving in these financial times I have chosen to cut back where I can. I am not trying to say that I won’t buy boneless, skinless chicken breasts anymore but I am saying that I will be buying more whole chickens instead of buying cooked rotisserie chickens from the store.

Just to help you lean more to my way of thinking I am going to post a few chicken recipes beginning with of course this crock pot chicken and moving on to all the things you can make from the leftovers. The next chicken recipe to come is Chicken Spaghetti, coming in a few days. As I make the recipe below I will follow up with some classic recipes, the ones I grew up eating or the ones I have been introduced to within the last few years by friends and family.

So let us begin, shall we?


Crock Pot Chicken
recipe from The Happy Housewife

1 whole chicken, rinsed and organs discarded
seasoning blend
paprika

Spray the crock pot with nonstick spray.

Rinse and dry the chicken. Remove and discard the innards.

Place the chicken in the crockpot and sprinkle liberally with seasoning blends of your choice and paprika.

Cook on low for 7 hours.


Now comes the time to serve it however you would like. But most importantly make sure to keep the bones and skin to make homemade overnight crock pot chicken stock, recipe coming next.

I cannot tell you how great this recipe turned out. It is just as good as a rotisserie chicken from the store. Honestly, it is better, way better. I love it!

Fabulously easy,

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow!!! Thats awesome! I am trying to get so much better about cooking for the whole week and this would be perfect!!!!! Cant wait to see the spaghetti!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...