Thursday, August 11, 2011

Glazed Carrots

Have you ever walked past or through a candy store making fresh pralines? If you have then you know the scent I am about to describe. And yes I am in reference to carrots.

You might know from a recent post that Baby Cakes claims to only like glazed carrots and I might or might not have shared the fact that I am a carrot junky, every time I go out to eat I always get carrots as a side dish, sometimes carrots for both side dishes. My co-worker Sherry always teases me about it. What can I say, I love carrots. I wonder if it’s true what my Mom used to tell me, carrots make your eye sight better.

With is being so hot right now I am having to force myself to cook dinner, the most Baby Cakes is getting is grilled meats and some side dishes, although I must admit it makes my job easy peasy.

So like I hinted at above when you’re cooking these carrots the scent is amazing, buttery and caramelized. I loved them!


Glazed Carrots

2 pounds baby carrots
1 stick butter
1/3 cup of brown sugar
2 tablespoons honey
½ teaspoons salt
3 cups water

In a large saucepan bring the water to a boil and add the carrots. Boil for 10 minutes, drain and set aside.

Over medium heat melt the butter, sugar, honey and salt. Stir in the carrots and cook for 25-30 minutes, occasionally stirring, until the butter and sugar mixture is cooked down.

Serve warm.


These are amazing, sweet and buttery. A new favorite!

Love me some carrots,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...