Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Pineapple and Barbeque Shredded Chicken

I cheated last night; I did a very bad but very good thing. I spent money on a rotisserie chicken. I did. It was worth every penny though! It kept the house cool yesterday and will manage to do the same tonight as well. We intentionally kept half of the chicken to use for tonight’s supper.

Yesterday I ran a search for chicken sandwich recipes and came across this recipe, only not exactly this recipe, the one I found was for the crockpot, which will one day be making its way onto this very blog. But the idea is the same. I wanted to try it and knew I was going to pick up a chicken on my way home from work so while I was at the store I picked up a jar of pineapple preserves as well.

If or should I say when you make this you will be so happy. It was great! Baby Cakes had his on a hawaiian bun and I had mine on a 100 calorie bun. Guess who’s tasted better? Lol.


Pineapple and Barbeque Shredded Chicken

3-4 cups boneless, skinless roasted chicken breast, warmed and shredded
1/3 cup brown sugar barbeque sauce
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/8 cup pineapple preserves

In a large bowl mix all the ingredients until well combined.

Serve on buns or use as a salad topper.

Serving size: 1 cup
Weight Watchers Points Plus Points: 7 (not including bread or bun)



Now I will admit that I didn't think of this recipe all on my own, the problem is that I held on to it so long before posting that I somehow lost the link and researching it has proved unfruitful.

XOXO,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...