Thursday, January 26, 2012

Cranberry Glazed Chicken Thighs

There was a sale on boneless skinless chicken thighs the other day when I swung by the store to pick up some chicken. The family pack was marked down to a great price so I bought it. Now Baby Cakes and I are only two people, although Baby Cakes does eat enough for 3 people, so I chose to break the package up to two meals. Hence why earlier this week we had Italian Honey Mustard Chicken and now we’re having Cranberry Glazed Chicken, both equally satisfying but I must admit I like the Cranberry one the best. Blame on my propensity for meat and fruit together but it is amazing!

You’ll be seeing an adaptation of this recipe very soon because I will be trying it on salmon next week.


Cranberry Glazed Chicken Thighs
recipe from Cully’s Kitchen

1 tablespoon butter
1 small onion chopped
6 chicken thighs
2/3 cup ketchup
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon dry mustard powder
8 ounce can whole berry cranberry sauce

Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).

Place the butter and onion in a microwavable bowl and microwave for 3 minutes; set aside.

Place the chicken thighs in a dish in a snug single layer.

In the onion bowl, stir together the onions, ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, mustard powder, and cranberry sauce. Pour half of the mixture over the chicken thighs and then bake for 25 minutes.

Pour the other half of cranberry mixture and return to the oven baking about 25 minutes more.


I served it along side butter beans and stewed okra and squash. Not really the side dishes you would normally put with chicken but Baby Cakes has been complaining that he wants more beans and I am more than happy to ablige. The okra and squash because we are down to the wire with fresh produce and those are what I had on hand. I just couldn't eat another green bean.

Again, this is the best cranberry glaze I have ever had. I can imagine eating it on fish, turkey, chicken breasts and anything else that might pair well with cranberries.

For 2 thighs and 2 tablespoons of the glaze it equals 268 calories.

Yum,

2 comments:

  1. I love chicken and this looks delicious!
    I just found your blog and I loved it!!
    Visit me at: my-greek-cooking.blogspot.com
    Hope to see you around again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, it is SO good! And thank you for the compliment on my blog. I will be visiting you very soon. XOXO.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...