Thursday, September 23, 2010

Cranberry Pork French Dip Sandwich

So you might have noted, if you read my blog, that the last recipe was a Cranberry Onion Pork Tenderloin cooked in the crock pot. You might have also noted that somehwere in that post I said what a good idea it would be to make a french dip out of it. Well I did it and am I ever glad I did.

Baby Cakes gave this one a 10 and a half, his words, and also told me that he would gladly eat this every single night. It's a keeper.

Now this recipe isn't an exact. It's more like a shmear of this and dab of that kind of thing. I do recommend that you use the cranberry sauce and mayo on this sandwich. The swiss and cranberry go so very well together.


Cranberry Pork French Dip

a hoagie roll
butter
mayo
cranberry sauce
swiss cheese
pork tenderloin, shredded
cooking juices

Slice the hoagie in half, butter and toast both sides. Put the bottom half down on a heatproof dish or baking sheet and top with some warm shredded pork and a slice of swiss; put under broiler and melt cheese. Spread some cranberry sauce and mayo on the top inside half of the toasted hoagie and put on top of the pork and cheese half. Serve along with some chips and warmed cooking juices to dip the sandwich in.


Like I said Baby Cakes loved this, as did my Mother in Law and I. Wonderful sandwich. Make it.

XOXO.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...