Monday, June 6, 2011

Sweet and Sour Sausage

I do believe that if I were stranded on a deserted island the one thing I would require having would be my crockpot. Is that lame? (Okay, not really, I could think of a million things I would actually rather have, a pina colada, my cellphone, a great book or better yet my kindle although it would evenly run out of power, my husband, matches, a pillow and blanket, bug spray, a water filtration system, sunscreen. The list could go on and on.) I guess by now it's pretty obvious that I am in love with my Crockpot.

Things you already know about me: My husband, Baby Cakes, is an avid hunter and because of this we always have sausage, link and ground. I love my crockpot. Why not marry the two and find some recipes for doing just that. I love Google Search. That is where I came across this recipe.


Sweet and Sour Sausage
Recipe from About.com

20 ounce can pineapple chunks
2 pounds sausage links, sliced
1 large onion, quartered, sliced
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1/3 cup brown sugar, packed

Drain pineapple chunks and reserve juice. Put chunks in the slow cooker.

Cut kielbasa into 1- to 2-inch lengths; add to the slow cooker along with the onion.

Combine reserved juice with the cornstarch, stirring until smooth. Stir in the vinegar, soy sauce, and brown sugar. Pour over the kielbasa.

Cover and cook on LOW for 4-6 hours.


I am crazy about this recipe. It was so simple, as any crockpot recipe is, and the outcome was very flavorful. I served these baby boys over mashed potatoes and it was a hit.

Baby Cakes gave these 9.5 out of a possible 10, I think the negative .5 is due to the fact that they weren't spicy, the man has to have spicy. I give them all 10 as I don't honestly care for spicy. Blasphemy I know, being as I am from a Tex-Mex state.

XOXO,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...