Thursday, February 23, 2012

Grilled Mexican Style Corn

After the last Cook This Not That fail I was a little disenchanted by them, honestly speaking, but they have more than made up for it with this recipe. Who doesn’t love corn on the cob? Maybe people with dentures and babies without teeth yet but heck I love it so much I would probably just gum it to death. I know I’m not alone on this one.


Grilled Mexican Style Corn
recipe from Cook This Not That cookbook, pg. 296

4 ears of corn, husked
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
juice of 1 lime
½ tablespoon chili powder
finely grated parmesan cheese

Heat a grill until hot. While the grill is warming up, bring a pot of water to a boil. Add the corn and salt. Boil for 5 to 7 minutes, until the corn is slightly tender, but not cooked all the way through. Drain the corn and transfer to the grill; lightly char the kernels.

Mix the mayonnaise and lime juice. Remove the corn from the grill; paint with a bit of the citrus mayonnaise, then dust with chili powder and parmesan cheese.


Oh my golly gee good you guys. Used to be I would drown corn in butter and black pepper but in the last year I have come to realize that good corn doesn’t need anything. Well, it may not “need” anything but it sure tasted great served this way too.

Company worthy recipe!

The cookbook shows a calorie count of 210 per ear but when I put the recipe into calorie count is came back showing 194 calories per ear. As usual use your own judgement here, but I always pick the higher caloric value just to be safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...