Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Honey Glazed Curry Chicken

So we're all settled in, for now, there are so many things we still have to purchase but enough about all that, this blog is all about what's going on in the kitchen. On with the show...

This is not the first meal we cooked/enjoyed in the new house. No, infact BCakes BBQ'd some pork ribs on Saturday. It was sooooo good. You guys BCakes hardly ever cooks. (why does he need to, I Love Cooking!) I have heard since first meeting him about his grilling skills but never actually tasted, because our apartment porch was #1 too tiny and #2 grills were not allowed, his skills. (I know, I married him anyhow, risky!) But now that we have a back patio to store his big ol' grill it has been placed, lovenly cleaned and has now grilled for us. I do intend to post his recipe but we have dial-up *gasp* at the new house so I apparently have to upload pictures at work now. Damn Dial-Up, I don't know how long I can survive with it! So be looking for BCakes recipe to be on here soon.

I found this recipe, once again, on the world wide web. Actually let me be more specific it is from Kara's Kitchen Creations, I just recently found her and I must say she is one heck of a cook.

This chicken dish is wonderful even though you have to flour it (despise breading things, it's messy and I have a clean hand complex), poor Baby Cakes never gets fried foods in our house. Anyway back to the chicken, it is soooo yummy and gooey. Every ingredient in this recipe lends something to the dish. Even I cocked my head when I read 1/2 cup lemon juice and the soy sauce yuck but somehow some magic happens while it's baking and it turns out ah-maze-ing!

Go on cook this for dinner tonight and while your at it spend a little time over at Kara's Kitchen.

Oh and almost forgot, BCakes gave this one 2 thumbs up!


Honey Glazed Curry Chicken
adapted from Honey Glazed Chicken

1 stick butter, melted
1 cup flour
2 tsp salt
2 tsp red pepper flakes
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin
1/2 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup honey
1/2 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
2 Tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp curry powder

Preheat oven to 350°.

Melt butter and pour into a 9x13" pan.

Mix flour, salt, and the red pepper flakes in a shallow dish.

If you choose to, half each chicken breast and then pound it out about an inch or so thick. Coat the chicken in flour mixture, one at a time, dip the chicken into the melted butter and then back into the flour. Make sure to do both sides.

Bake, uncovered, at 350° for about 20 minutes.

Mix remaining ingredients (honey, brown sugar, lemon juice, curry, soy sauce) in a saucepan and heat until bubbleing.

Pour this sauce over the halfway cooked chicken and then continue baking for 30-45 minutes, basting every 15 minutes or so.


We enjoyed this dish, and I do not say enjoyed lightly, along side some mixed veggies as you can see in the picture and BCakes had some french fries, although I did sneak some fries too, as you can once again see in the picture.

Make it!,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...