Monday, April 18, 2011

Turkey Day Meatloaf

This evening we are playing with our food.

I cannot take the entire credit for this recipe as I did adapt it from the original recipe found here. But, I can take credit for turning it into what it is on our plates. Yes burgers sound good but why not make it heartier and more like a substantial dinner (not to say that a burger can’t be substantial, no in fact I have had some substantial burgers in my lifetime) but I want sides. What can I say I am a side dish kind of girl. Honestly though, I didn’t want to fire up the grill as I haven’t gotten a gas one yet (hint, hint Baby Cakes) so I did some thinking and figured a meatloaf would solve quite a few problems.

This is my new favorite dish ever! Do I say that every time? I don’t care. This is really is my new favorite dish. It is super moist and flavorful. I need more adjectives.

So without further ado…


Turkey Day Meatloaf
adapted from Lauren's Kitchen

1 pound ground turkey
2 cups stove top stuffing mix, dry
1 egg, beaten
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
¼ teaspoon dried thyme
1 can turkey gravy, set aside

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Mix all of the ingredients together (except for the gravy) and form into a large loaf on a baking sheet or in a baking dish sprayed with non-stick spray.

Bake for 45-60 minutes, pausing at 30 minutes to top with a thin layer of gravy.

I highly recommend serving this with cranberry sauce.


Our entire meal consisted of the meatloaf, mashed potatoes, green beans, cranberry sauce and I served it with the leftover gravy warmed up. It was a lot like Thanksgiving dinner. All that was missing was the crazy loud conversations and the cheek pinching (Yeah, there’s no one in my family who does that; thankfully. Well not the cheeks on my face anyhow. That sounds oddly perverted but for the record my Mom and sisters and I aren’t shy about poking and pinching each other. I can’t make it sound any better, it is what it is. I am not ashamed). Well, how did we get from meatloaf to that conversation? Awkward. Now when you make this you’ll be thinking about what I just typed. Let’s start again shall we? It was a fabulous meal, the only thing missing were the rolls (okay, I am making it too easy here, but I’ll be good. I won’t touch that one).


Oh and for dessert Lemon Cream Bars, OMG! (Hence why I truly never have a meal without rolls, yeah I went there. I had to.)

I cannot not wait to make a sandwich with the leftovers tomorrow for lunch. Yum.

XOXO,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...