Monday, September 19, 2011

Overnight Crock Pot Chicken Stock

Most of us are all about convenience, at any cost, but when living and thriving in these financial times I have chosen to cut back where I can. I am not trying to say that I won’t buy boneless, skinless chicken breasts anymore but I am saying that I will be buying more whole chickens instead of buying cooked rotisserie chickens from the store.

Earlier today I shared a recipe for Crock Pot Chicken so before you make it and miss out on the chance to make homemade stock I am sharing this follow up recipe.


Overnight Crock Pot Chicken Stock
recipe from The Happy Housewife

juice, bones and skin from the Crock Pot Chicken
5 cups of water

After you debone the chicken place the bones and leftover skin back into the crock pot with all the leftover natural cooking juices. Add the water and cook on low all night long.

In the morning strain the bones and skin out and ladle into storage containers. Cool in the refrigerator.

Once cooled skim the fat off the top and either discard or store in a separate container to use in place of bacon drippings.

It’s as easy as that and you have salt free healthier homemade stock. You can store it in a container in the freezer or freeze it in an ice cube tray for later use.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much! I bet the food tastes so much better when using this stock. Mmmm...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...