Thursday, January 12, 2012

Cream Cheese Chicken Chili

It’s been awhile since I’ve shared a super simple crock pot recipe, at least I think it has, and this recipe couldn’t be any simpler. Simply throw all ingredients in the crock pot, no browning or searing or pre-cooking to mess with. Love it. I had the whole day to do other household things (or to sit around and catch up on my cooking shows).

I couldn’t have picked a better day to make this comforting warm chili; it’s in the 50’s here in my neck of the woods. Hallelujah!

The only thing I would change about this recipe is that I would add an extra can of beans, either black beans or another can of dark or light red kidney beans, just to give it a little extra weight. Other than that it seems to me to be the perfect easy supper to feed you on a cold night.


Cream Cheese Chicken Chili
recipe slightly adapted from Plain Chicken

1 can dark red kidney beans, drained
1 can corn
1 can rotel
1 packet ranch dressing mix
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 teaspoons chili powder
8 ounces cream cheese
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

Place the chicken breasts into the bottom of the crockpot and top with the drained beans, the entire can of corn and the whole can of rotel.

Sprinkle on the seasonings, including the ranch mix and stir to combine all ingredients.

Once combined, dollop the cream cheese over the top.

Cover and cook for 6 to 8 hours on low heat.

Transfer chicken breasts onto a plate and shred. Place back into the crock pot and stir to combine all ingredients.

Serve hot with some shredded cheese.


And because I know I’ll go ahead and share that ¼ of the chili is 228 calories. So feel free to eat away! I did. Grin.

XOXO,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...