Thursday, May 14, 2009

Beef Stroganoff

This is my aunts recipe, I can recall eating it when I was younger and loving it. She used to make it with either hamburger meat or stew meat, I prefer the stew meat. Depending on my taste that day I sometimes add another 1/2 cup of sour cream, your tastes though.



Beef Stroganoff

1 bag egg noodles
1 lbs. stew meat
1/2 cup onions, chopped
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 cup sour cream
2-3 dashes worcestershire sauce
1 tbs. parsley
1 can peas
2 tbs. water
salt
pepper

Cook egg noodles as directed on package.

Season and cook stew meat with onions over med/high heat. When meat and onions are completely cooked add cream of mushroom soup, dashes of worchestershire sauce and melt together. Add peas, parsley, salt and pepper, stir. Turn down heat to low/medium and add sour cream, fold in until well mixed and warm through.

Drain noodles and put back into pot, add mixture and mix together. Serve hot.



Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by mine & Christina's blog the other day. It was fun to come over and "meet" you.

    I love the Ebay finds you showed a few posts ago. hmmmmm you might have vintage paint by numbers competition on ebay now. :)

    Also, love the ironstone bowl. Just beautiful. I am a sucker for anything white!

    I have never made beef stroganoff or banana pudding. Those are 2 recipes that my Mom always made (and made well) but your posts have encouraged me to try my hand at them!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...