Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Pear & Gingerbread Upside Down Cupcakes

Today I was sitting around, scanning the blog world (I've been a little lazy in keeping up with everyone else's blogs) and I had a urge to bake something. I didn't have anything in mind exactly but I knew that there were some pears in my fridge that needed to be eaten or used in something. So I rummaged around in the cabinets and before I knew it I had an idea.

A box of gingerbread cake mix, some pears, pear juice? Pear and gingerbread? Pear and gingerbread? Pear and Gingerbread! THESE ARE WONDERFUL!! Divine! I can't even explain just how perfect all the ingredients work together. I could not be happier with this one. I will not be changeing a thing about them. Not one thing.

The topping, or bottom whilst baking, is gooey and buttery but not overly sweet. The pear is cooked to perfection, fork tender. The gingerbread isn't too heavy and despite the fact that gingerbread is a powerful cake in itself it doesn't steal the show. All the peices meld together to create something amazing.

Baby Cakes stood at the kitchen counter and ate all of them. Yes, all of them. lol. I think that means he likes them.


Pear & Gingerbread Upside Down Cupcakes

3-4 ripe pears, peeled and sliced
1 cup light brown sugar
1/2 stick butter, melted
1 box gingerbread cake mix
1 1/4 cup pear juice
2 cupcake pans, 12 cakes per pan

Preheat oven to 350.

Prepare the cake mix according to package directions using pear juice instead of water.

Spray the cupcake baking pans with nonstick.

Place 1 tbs brown sugar into each cupcake cup and top with 1 tbs melted butter. Place a peice of pear (I ended up cubing the slices) into each cupcake cup over the butter and brown sugar mixture.

Top with a scoop, 1/8 cup, of the prepared cake batter.

Bake 25 minutes or until done.



You won't even want to share them. They are so good,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...