Friday, September 4, 2009

Almond Peach Sweet Bread

Okay, this one is a process but having just tasted it- oh my goodnesss. I improvised ,and added this and that, and will, I pray, remember everything.


Take 2 peaches and peel, discard seeds and chop into chunks, 1 inch by 1 inch sqaures, roughly. Place peaches, 1/4 cup sugar and 3 tablespoons water in saucepan. Cook over Medium High for 15-20 minutes, strain/drain peaches from syrup but reserve in bowl. Set aside both drained peaches and syrup.

Use Amish bread starter (1 cup) and mix in, no metal, all the below ingredients. Hint: seems to work better if you use a wooden spoon and if you mix each ingredient in at the time not dump it all and then try to mix. (I am still learning you know, first loaf I ever made just about killed my arm, not that this is really that much easier.)

1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup cinnamon apple sauce
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoon almond extract
3 eggs, beaten in a seprate bowl
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 cup milk
1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 large box instant vanilla pudding
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 cups flour
2 cups drained peaches
1 1/2 cups finely chopped toasted almonds
1/4 cup peach syrup

Divide evenly between 2 (regular) or 3 (smaller) loaf pans, greased and coated with cinnamon sugar mixture, and sprinkle top with 1-2 tablespoons of raw sugar each. Bake for about an hour and 15 minutes at 325 F.



If my directions seem wompy it's because so am I- it's late and that was alot of work after coming home from work, so anyhow, don't be afraid to ask questions.

Oh yeah and next time I'll use this dough to make Blueberry and Cream Bread.

XOXO,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...