Thursday, December 29, 2011

Pork Tenderloin with Creamy Apple Cider Sauce

First things first, this blog will be changing soon, sort of right now. My New Year’s resolution is no different from a million others this year. I am going to lose weight. The only thing is I can’t give up food (leaping for joy) so from now on I will be sharing recipe with the nutritional information as well. There will be few healthy recipes mixed in with a few not so healthy recipes.

Now I know at first sight this does not at all seem like a figure friendly recipe and if you leave now you’ll never know that is only has 383 calories per serving. Now I did serve this along with mashed potatoes (1/2 cup) (could have done better with brown rice) and green beans (2 cups) making my entire meal 569 calories per serving. For me that wasn’t a problem, I simply made sure I had the calories left to eat it. That being said, this is the best 383 calorie thing you will ever put in your mouth!

The gravy/sauce is amazingly flavorful thanks to the combination of apple cider and mustard. I could go on forever, it is so freakin’ good. I’ve never been happier to be on a diet.


Pork Tenderloin with Creamy Apple Cider Sauce
recipe from Family Circle, Nov. 2011, pg. 83

1 ½ lbs. pork tenderloin
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 cup apple cider
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons chopped parsley

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.

Season the pork with 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper. Heat the oil in a large oven-proof nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Brown pork on all sides, about 7 minutes total. Place skillet in oven and bake for 30 minutes or until internal temperature registers 145 degrees F. Carefully remove from oven (handle will be hot), place meat on a serving platter and cover.

Stir flour into 1 cup of the broth until flour is dissolved; add to skillet. Add apple cider and simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in cream and 1/4 teaspoon each of the salt and pepper; add mustard and simmer 1 minute. Add parsley.

Thinly slice pork and serve with sauce.

Nutritional Information
Calories: 383
Fat: 21.6
Saturated Fat: 9
Cholesterol: 119
Sodium: 762
Total Carbohydrates: 9.3
Fiber: 0.3
Sugar: 4.8
Protein: 35.5
Vitamin A: 6%
Vitamin C: 19%
Calcium: 4%
Iron: 11%


No joke? Everyone who comes to my house for dinner for the next year will be eating this for supper. I am in love with this recipe.

Yummers,

2 comments:

  1. I've been looking for new ways to cook pork tenderloin and this sounds terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it is! I could drink a cup of the sauce. Just kidding, kinda. lol. It's great!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...