Thursday, February 3, 2011

Simply Great Chicken‏

The simple in the name of this recipe is no lie; it simply is the best chicken I have eaten in a long time. I wasn’t sure about it at first but I’ve been seeing it on multiple blogs and everyone whose shared it has raved about it, so you know I had to try it. Am I ever glad I did, both Baby Cakes and I were silent throughout the entire meal. The only sound coming from our mouths being sounds of delicious exclamations.

The recipe calls for boneless, skinless but all I had thawed were regular old chicken thighs and it was still amazing. Imagine how good it’ll be following the recipe to a tee.


Simply Great Chicken‏
recipe from Colleen's Recipes

3½ pounds of boneless-skinless chicken
.7 ounce packet of DRY Italian salad dressing
½ cup of brown sugar

Preheat the oven to 350.

Mix the dry salad dressing mix with the brown sugar.

Wash and pat dry the chicken and coat all sides with the mixture.

Place the chicken in a sprayed 9x13 baking dish and sprinkle any leftover mix over the chicken.

Bake for 50-60 minutes.


I know that in the past I have said that I will be keeping recipes in a weekly/bi-weekly rotation, and believe me my intentions were true, but it seems every day I find a new recipe to try. But I have to tell you, I could find recipe for the rest of forever and they will never replace this one. Nevah!

Proof that I am making this recipe over and over again? An updated shot of boneless skinless chicken thighs...


It really is so much better make this way. Fo shore.

Peace, Love and Spinach Dip,

3 comments:

  1. Oh yum!!! I bet this would be great with ANY kind of dry dressing mix. I am forever looking for different ways to cook our friend the chicken breast and this looks like a good one!
    Are you surviving the crazy weather out there? I know all my Texas friends have pulled out the heavy parkas, stocked up on supplies and arent leaving their houses ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Other than freezing our buns off it's actually not too bad. Then again I was on the couch for the majority of the day but tomorrow it might be another story since I have to go in to work.

    What kind of weather are you facing in your neck of the woods?

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) It was almost 50 today and sunny!! I am trying to store up as much of this sunshine as I can before it gets rainy and disgusting (the norm!) Be careful tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...