Friday, October 7, 2011

ACE BLT (Avocado, Cheese, Egg, Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato Sandwich)

I have a one sided love affair with Beth’s Favorite Recipes. I tend to crush on other food bloggers hard sometimes even if only for a fleeting moment, short term love affairs, reminds me of elementary school. At the moment I love Beth. She has so many wonderful recipes (She shares multiple times a week! I can't keep up.) and the first one I am making is the one below. I mean just look at it, it’s gorgeous, if a sandwich can be gorgeous.

I rarely plan to make sandwiches for dinner but this looked delicious and boy oh boy was it ever. Oh, and I changed the name because I added cheese so from hence forth it will be known as an ACE BLT. At least in the Bennett house.


ACE BLT (Avocado, Cheese, Egg, Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato Sandwich)
adapted from Beth’s Favorite Recipes

8 strips of bacon, cooked crisp
2 eggs, fried hard
2 slices cheese, any variety
½ avocado, sliced thin
1/2 tomato, sliced thin
2-4 lettuce leaves, rinsed
4 slices bread, toasted
mayo (or any condiment choice)

Foil a baking pan, lay the bacon on the pan vertically. Place the bacon in a cool oven and turn the heat on to 400 degrees. Let it cook for 25-30 minutes or until crisp. Place the bacon on a paper towel lined plate. Set aside.

Slice your tomato and avocado. Tear and rinse lettuce leaves. Set aside.

Toast your bread. Set aside.

Fry the eggs in a nonstick pan, or with 2 tablespoons butter, until the yolks are cooked through. Top the hot eggs with one 1 slice of cheese a piece. Set Aside.

Now assemble the sandwiches in any sequence with whatever condiments you would like.


I cannot tell you how delicious these are. Baby Cakes gave it a 9 and I give it a full fledged 10. You’ll just have to try it yourself.

Bon Appetite Y’all,

2 comments:

  1. Megan, you are too sweet! Thanks for the cyber love!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too kind, Megan! Thanks for the cyber love. I am just a lover of food--cooking and baking AND eating it! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...