Thursday, September 22, 2011

Broccoli and Cheese Noodle Casserole

What do we say to me posting a side dish today? The other day when I made the Crock Pot Baked Chicken I served this along with it. It is another Win at Weight Loss Cookbook recipe.

Baby Cakes loved it but for some odd reason I am not really a fan of any type of Mac and Cheese other than Kraft. I know, it’s a travesty but one that I freely admit. Although I didn’t gobble it up doesn’t mean it’s not worthy of trying after all it did make its way to a cookbook, not to mention this blog.


Broccoli and Cheese Noodle Casserole
adapted from Betty Crocker Win at Weight Loss Cookbook, pg. 187

4 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
14 ounce bag broccoli florets
1 cup sour cream
½ cup fat free milk
2 cups mexican cheese blend
2 tablespoons seasoning blend
½ cup crushed crackers
6 butter pats, about a teaspoon each
Preheat the oven to 375°F.

Spray a casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.

Cook the noodles as directed on the package, adding the broccoli for last 4 minutes of cooking time. Drain the noodles and broccoli in colander. Dump back into pan.
In the same saucepan, stir in the milk, sour cream, cheese and seasoning blend until smooth. Spoon the mixture into the casserole dish.

Sprinkle with the crushed crackers and top with butter pats.
Bake uncovered 25 to 30 minutes or until bubbly and the top is golden brown.


I know above I made it seem as if I didn't even like it, not even a little bit, but I would eat it again in the future. Just wanted to clarify that.

XOXO,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...