Monday, August 8, 2011

Caesar Shrimp and Pasta

Do you guys have a subscription to Simple & Delicious magazine?

I do but so far I’ve only made and shared one recipe from the February/March 2011 issue; that recipe being the Squash & Carrot Sauté from a week ago. Sometimes it takes me a while to jump on the wagon but once I do I’m taking the reins. The reason for the curiosity is because these magazines are just full of amazingly simple, namesake I suppose, recipes. I just made another one tonight.

Baby Cakes is a caesar dressing kind of guy. Every time we eat at Red Lobster he could make a meal out of the salad alone and as you might know it’s a steady simmer, scratch that, boil outdoors just about in every state right now. I want a cold satisfying meal. I found one. Amen.

The recipe calls for you to serve this pasta warm and although I did try it I have to say that it is even better cold.


Caesar Shrimp and Pasta
adapted from Simple & Delicious, Feb/March pg. 29

4 cups pasta
3 cups frozen peas
1 lb. frozen shrimp, and size
2 tablespoons plus ½ cup caesar salad dressing
1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese

In a large saucepan, cook the pasta according to the package directions, adding the peas during the last 3 minutes of cooking.

Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the shrimp in 2 tablespoons dressing over medium heat until cooked through.

Drain the pasta and peas and transfer to a large bowl. Add the shrimp, cheese and remaining caesar dressing and toss to coat.

Either serve immediately or refrigerate overnight and serve cold.


We love it! Love, love, love it. In fact I am eating leftovers for lunch right now.

XOXO,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...