Thursday, January 14, 2010

Red Pepper Jelly Chops

Another oh my goodness meal y'all. Michael's exact words will have to be censored but it was something like, "this meal is the s**t!". I do agree babe, I do agree.

I noticed when making this that I did have to play with the heat a bit, so on my stove I will, in the future, keep the heat at a lower medium high. There is not a single thing I would change about this dish otherwise. I feel a dinner party coming on.


Red Pepper Jelly Chops

4 (1.65-2 lbs.) boneless pork loin chops
1 tsp salt
3/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
1 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 1/2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1 large jalapeno seeded and minced
1 1/3 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup (1 jar) red pepper jelly

Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper, liberally. Put oil and butter in a regular skillet (by regular I mean not a non-stick skillet) and turn on burner to medium-high heat. Add pork chops and cook 8 minutes; turn and cook another 8 minutes or until done. Remove from skillet and losely cover with foil to keep warm.

Add flour and jalapeno to skillet. Cook, stirring constantly, until flour is golden brown (maybe takes 1 minute, watch this closely). Add 1/3 cup chicken stock stirring with a whisk, to loosen particles from bottom of skillet; cook 1 minute or until almost completely reduced.

Add rest of chicken broth, and cook until mixture begins to thicken. Whisk in pepper jelly until melted and smooth. Continue cooking, stirring often, until almost thickened.

Return pork to skillet, turn down heat a bit; continue cooking and turn to coat. Serve pork with sauce and your choice of sides*.

*I used almost 2 lbs. of pork, 4 chops
*we did brown rice and broccoli


Just incase anyone was like 'whoa, what's she doing eating so much?' not my plate. I had the plate with 2 cups of broccoli and 4 oz. of the oh-so-yummy-pepper-pork.

Happily shared on Potluck Sunday hosted by Mommy's Kitchen.

Try it, try it, try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...