Monday, November 23, 2009

Cheesy (and I mean cheesy) Potato and Ham Casserole

I found a version of this recipe on KraftFoods.com and wanted to try it. The thing is I can never make something exactly like the recipe says, I always have to tweak it a bit and make it mine or try to make it even better. This time I have succeeded. This stuff is the s**t. Make it! Enjoy it!



Ingredients:

10 red potatoes, cut into 1/3-inch-thick slices
1 container (16 oz.) sour cream
1 packet powdered ranch dressing
12 oz. velveeta, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
3/4 lb. ham, cubed (we used turkey ham)
6 green onions, sliced
1/4 cup grated mozzarella cheese
2 slices cooked and crumbled bacon

Direction:

Preheat oven to 350°F.

While potatoes are cooking mix ranch dressing and sour cream together, set aside.

Cook potatoes in boiling water in large covered saucepan 10 to 12 min. or just until potatoes are tender; drain. Remove 3/4 of the potatoes; place back into large pot. Add sour cream mixed with ranch; mash with potato masher until smooth. Stir in velveeta, ham and most of the green onions, reserve a bit for topping. Gently stir in remaining potato slices.

Spoon into 13x9-inch baking dish rubbed with butter; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese, reserved green onions and crumbled bacon.

Bake 30 min. or until heated through.


Bon Appetite Loves,

3 comments:

  1. Im thinking you need to come visit me in VA one day so we can make food and dream about Ina Garten together!

    This looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it so good- truth be told though I would only use a 1/2 of the velveeta. If there is such a thing, it was almost too cheesy. lol.

    Did you catch Ina's Thanksgiving special? The dessert special. The creme brulee, yum!

    Thanks for coming back by, where have you been?
    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did watch it and yes the creme brulee looked amazing! I've been wanting to test my luck with making that.

    I know I've been slacking, I have a bunch of holiday recipes I've been wanting to share, so keep an eye out!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...