Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Salmon Cakes

I found this recipe in the Spring 2010 Kraft Food & Family magazine. I search through each one as it comes to find something new, quick and easy. On the quickness aspect this recipe isn't so fast per say and with my adversion to getting my hands dirty, ewww, well it is kind of messy to make but the chicken stuffing mix adds something to it greater than just crackers. I'm glad I made them.

Baby Cakes gave this one 2 forks up and actually said that we should have these for dinner everynight. I have to admit that I agree. The flavor is great with the chicken stuffing mix and sauted onions (my adaptation). Wonderful. Wonderful, wonderful. The only thing I can even think of adding is some kind of dipping sauce because they are a bit dry but other than that delish!


Salmon Cakes
adapted from Kraft Food & Family Magazine, Spring 2010

Ingredients:

1 can (14.7 oz.) salmon, drained, skin and bones discarded
1 pkg. (6 oz.) stuffing mix for chicken
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
3/4 cup water
1/2 yellow onions, diced
non-stick cooking spray
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1 Tbsp. lemon juice

Directions:

Saute the onions in a non-stick skillet over medium heat until lightly browned. A spray or two of non stick spray will help a bit. Take them off heat and set aside.

Mix all the ingredients together. Shape them into 12 patties, using about 1/3 cup stuffing mixture for each patty. Refrigerate for a minimum of 10 min.

Use the same skillet from the onions and heat to medium heat. Add the patties to the skillet in batches.

Cook 6 min. or until golden brown on both sides, turning carefully after 3 min.


They really are very good. You could even make them ahead of time and just cook them as needed.

Yum once more,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...