Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Firecracker Crackers

These are the best crackers I have ever eaten.

I originally made these to take to a girls night but I came down with a cold or something equally terrible and wasn't able to attend the night time festivities with all my sister's and sister-in-laws. I, however, did make it home after the day of shopping with them with a little baggie of these crackers to eat with some chicken noodle soup. They go surprisingly well with a hot cup of soup.

This is another recipe that I got from my Mother-in-law, she makes them occasionally and I always eat too many of them when she does.

The pictures do not do these flavorful crackers justice. They have so much going for them that is unseen with the naked eye.


Firecracker Crackers
recipe from Lynn Bennett

1 box whole wheat saltine crackers
1 cup canola oil
1 package dry ranch dip and dressing mix
2 tablespoons crushed red pepper flakes

Place crackers in a large Ziploc freezer bag.

In a measuring cup or bowl stir to combine the oil, ranch mix, and red pepper flakes.

Pour the mixture over the crackers in the bag and seal the bag shut. Shake and flip the bag around for a few minutes or until all the crackers are evenly coated.

Allow to sit for 1 day. This lets all the flavors and oil absorb.

If you would like it spicier add more red pepper or some cayenne pepper along with it. I am not truly a fan of spice so this amount is perfect.


I could literally eat them all by myself, I didn’t, but I could.

My brothers highly enjoyed them as well as Baby Cakes. He ended up eating the majority of the small amount I made it home with, all but the handful I had with my soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...