Thursday, November 19, 2009

Shrimp and Noodle Soup

My husband loves this soup. He raved and raved. I originally made it with regular chicken stock and let me tell you it was way too salty. (He loved it though!) So this time I used reduced sodium, less salt, and it turned out very good. I know that it seems like alot of shrimp but I promise it enough for everyone to feel satisfied with it. Otherwise everyone thinks they got jipped.

Anyhow, try this soup. Souper yummy. (I know, I'm so funny!)


Ingredients
8 cups low sodium chicken stock
2 cups frozen peas
2 cups frozen carrot slices
2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
1 tablespoons oyster sauce
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
2 teaspoons black pepper
10 ounces ramen noodles (about 4 packages)
4 flavor packettes (I used asian flavor)
2 pounds cooked medium shrimp

Directions
To a large pot over medium-high heat, add all ingredients except noodles and shrimp. Bring to boil; reduce to simmer for 6 minutes. Add noodles and return to simmer for 2 minutes. Add shrimp and return to simmer until shrimp are heated through, about 1 to 2 minutes.

Using tongs, divide noodles into serving bowls, add shrimp and ladle in stock.


XOXO,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...