Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Corn Pudding

Um okay. I can't even put into words how in love I am with this dish. I can think of so many people right off the top of my head that will just love it to death. Side dish meet dessert. Not the only recipe out there that could easily pass for both but one of the best for sure.

I happened upon this recipe while try to find a way to cook some chicken thighs, last post Apricot Chicken, and saw a curious picture (because when I search I do search by picture) and clicked just to see what it was. Am I ever so glad that I did. It is creamy and swee. The corn adds a little crunchy sweetness. Keeper. Total keeper!


Corn Pudding
recipe found on Closet Cooking

2 ears worth of corn kernels
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon of melted butter
1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg

Preheat oven to 350.

Mix everything in a bowl.

Pour into a baking dish.

Bake until it is golden brown on top and set like a custard, about 30 minutes. (A knife inserted into the center should come out clean.)


I could not be more serious, y'all have have have to make this. Baby Cakes loves it so much that he ate some for breakfast this morning and I already snuck a little dish of it for a snack today. Bad. So bad. But oh so good.

One more thing, it is just as wonderful cold from the fridge as it is warm from the oven.

XOXO,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...