Friday, May 27, 2011

Crock Pot Chops and Gravy

So Baby Cakes has been a bit tired as of late, so has the wife but there’s no rest for the weary, and because of this he took a day off yesterday. The plus side to him being home was that instead of having to bake something for an hour after I get home from work it can slowly cook in the crockpot. I armed him with all the ingredients, a recipe and directions not to play with the ingredients, not the first time we make it, and off to work I went.

When I walked in the door the scent was amazing. It smelt so good and after quickly changing into my PJ’s and putting my hair into a ponytail holder I was in the kitchen putting the finishing touches together.

This recipe is out of this world, to quote Paula Deen. Thank you Real Mom Kitchen for yet another fantastic and simple meal, if you have never been to visit her blog I highly recommend that you go now. Do not walk, run!


Crock Pot Chops and Gravy
recipe from Real Mom Kitchen

4 lean pork chops
4 tablespoons soy sauce
4 ounce can sliced mushrooms, drained
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
1 medium onion, sliced or diced
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon parsley

Place pork chops in the crock pot. Put onions over the top of the pork chops.

Mix the rest of ingredients in a bowl and pour over the pork chops.

Cook on low for 5-6 hours.


For thicker gravy (optional):

2 tablespoons cornstarch

Transfer pork chops, onions and mushrooms to a dish and set aside.

Pour the gravy into a saucepan and set over medium heat. Slowly whisk in cornstarch and heat, stirring constantly, until thickened.


I whipped up some Mashed Potatoes and buttered corn and it was on. It is wonderful, so wonderful that leftovers are calling my name for supper tonight.

The best part, the hubs made dinner last night! Woot woot.

Love my crockpot,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...