Saturday, October 15, 2011

Ewww Meatball Stew

I cannot tell you why I printed this recipe. I can’t even tell you what possessed me to make this recipe other than it looks like the perfect Halloween stew. I am in the process of thinking up the perfect name.

It’s not very often that I post a recipe on a Saturday but for the first time in a long time, probably an entire year, we are actually home for a weekend. I started this recipe and off we went intentionally stopping at every garage sale we passed. It has been a lovely day and surprise of all surprises this soup actually turned out really well.

This is actually a mix of two recipes one being Monster Mash Meatball Soup and the other being Slow Cooker Meatball-Bean Stew.


Ewww Meatball Stew

½ medium onion, diced small
16 oz. can baked beans, undrained
14.5 oz. can stewed diced tomatoes with Italian herbs, undrained
12 oz. frozen cooked italian style meatballs
32 oz. beef stock
11 oz. Halloween shaped pasta
1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise, sliced (2 cups)
1 cup frozen mixed vegetables, thawed

In a large slow cooker, mix the onions, baked beans, tomatoes, meatballs, broth and pasta.

Cover and cook on High for 5-6 hours.

Stir in the zucchini and mixed vegetables. Cover, and cook on High for 30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.

Serve with garlic bread or grilled cheese for dipping.


Gross factor? Check. Flavor? Check. It reminded me of a canned pasta with meatballs. I actually really liked it and Baby Cakes gave it 9.5. What does that say about us? lol.

Boo Y'all,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...