Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Apple Cheddar Beer Dip

It has been crazy busy in my life as of late, and I can imagine that I am not the only one. Spring brings sunshine, hope, rebirth and so many get togethers and parties. Bring on the margaritas.

My best friends in the whole wide world planned a Birthday Party and I offered to bring a dish. So the morning of the shindig I needed something and stat. Luckily I recalled this dip, one of my sister in laws made it for our Girl’s (Adult Beverage) Slumber Party a little more than a year ago and I really liked it. Not to mention I had all the ingredients to make it. Easy Peasy.

Melissa, SIL, made it with regular beer but I never can leave any recipe alone so I changed it up a bit using Woodchuck Apple Cider, or also known as hard apple cider. It was a tart surprise in a creamy dip. I loved it. Baby Cakes loved it. And many of the party goers loved it. Love love love all around.


Apple Cheddar Beer Dip
recipe from Melissa Jones, Sister in Law

16 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 packet ranch dressing mix, dry
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1/3 cup apple beer

In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, beer and dressing mix until smooth. Stir in the cheddar cheese.

Serve with pretzels for dipping.


I know, couldn’t be any simpler right? Don’t let its simplicity fool you the flavor is complex and it really has just enough apple to it.

Yummy,

2 comments:

  1. You have the best dip recipes on here!!! That sounds super good to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What can I say? I'm a dip. Lol. I mean a dip kinda girl.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...