Thursday, June 23, 2011

Crock Pot Baked Sweet Potatoes

This recipe proves to me that there really isn’t anything that can’t be cooked in a crockpot. Who would have thought to cook a baked potato or in my case a sweet potato in the crockpot? I wouldn’t have but am I ever so glad I came across someone who did.


They are airy and fluffy, just perfect. So much better than a microwaved potato and I didn’t even have to turn the oven on (Hallelujah!).


Crock Pot Baked Sweet Potatoes
recipe adapted from Coleen's Recipes

sweet potatoes
olive oil
foil
assorted toppings**

Scrub the potatoes clean and then dry them and rub them with olive oil. Wrap them individually in aluminum foil and set in a single layer in the crockpot.

Cook in crockpot on high anywhere between 2 to 5 hours depending on the size of the potatoes and the amount that are being cooked*, when you are able to pierce with a fork easily they are done.

Remove the aluminum foil and top with anything that you would like**.



*I cooked 2 very large sweet potatoes and it took 5 hours.
**We topped ours with butter and cinnamon sugar.

This was an incredibly good side dish with practically no work. I swung by the Food Basket and picked up a roasted chicken, a bag of romaine lettuce and dinner was served.

I am certain this will become a staple recipe in our house.

XOXO,

1 comment:

  1. I've done this myself - amazing results huh? I love baked sweet taters..especially with brown sugar and butter...cinnamon too. OH my!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...