Thursday, February 3, 2011

Cinnamon Caramel Sauce‏

I realize that it’s 20 degrees outside and I also realize that we might just get some snow tonight but I want ice cream. I want ice cream real bad. And I only want it because of this recipe.

I have made homemade caramel in the past and it has never been this simple and let me tell ya, it tastes just as good as some of the ones I slaved over in the past. Wonderful.


Cinnamon Caramel Sauce‏
recipe adapted from Sellers Family Favorite Recipes

1 cup light-brown sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
1/4 cup evaporated milk
pinch of salt
dash of cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

Combine all the ingredients except for the vanilla in a small saucepan over medium heat.

Cook, stirring, until thickened to desired consistency. Once you reach that point take it off the heat and stir in the vanilla extract.

Serve over ice cream or on anything that could use some caramel sauce.


The best part, besides how freakin’ good it is, it will keep for up to 3 weeks when stored in an airtight container. Go make some, right now, go, now.

Peace, Love and Spinach Dip,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...