Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Chop, Pineapple and Bean Bake

Oh my goodness this is good. I didn’t expect it to be so yummy, I just thought it might be good and since I have some pork chops I need to use up it might be worth it. It surpassed my expectations.

Like always I did make a few tiny changes but for the most part I left this one alone. I can’t think of a single thing that I would change after tasting it.

Baby Cakes at first rated this dish a 5.5, then after taking a few bites of it sat back and rescored it an 8. By the end of the meal it was a solid 10. I think it’s a 10 (a 10, a freakin’ 10)!


Chop, Pineapple and Bean Bake
recipe from Food For A Hungry Soul

1/2 onion, chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
22 ounce can baked beans
4 to 6 pork chops
1 tablespoon garlic powder
Salt and pepper, to taste
¼ cup light brown sugar, packed
8 oz. can crushed pineapple, drained
1/4 cup barbecue sauce

Preheat oven to 375.

In a frying pan add the oil and sauté the onions until they are a nice golden brown.

Remove from pan and mix into the beans. Also stir in the brown sugar. Spread the beans in the bottom of a 9x12 inch baking dish.

Rub the pork chops with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Brown the seasoned chops over medium heat until both sides are browned but do not cook through. Layer the chops in single layer on top of the beans.

In a small bowl combine the drained, crushed pineapple and the barbecue sauce. Pour mixture over the pork chop and bean layers.

Bake for 45 minutes or until bubbly and brown.


Like I said above, this is delicious.

XOXO,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...