Monday, September 26, 2011

Chicken Spaghetti

I don’t know what’s taken me so long to make this delish recipe. I recall years ago being asked if I’d ever had chicken spaghetti and that answer being no and surprisingly it took me until I met my husband before I ever remedied that. My mother in law seemed equally surprised when I had it the first time at her house and declared that I had never had it. The plus side in all this is that now I have and it is one of my favorite things. Not to mention one of Baby Cakes’ favorite dishes as well. He is the reason we are making this tonight.

Now in true me fashion I did adapt it a tiny bit. When speaking with my Mother in Law, getting her recipe, she told me how she’s made it once upon a time and how she makes it now. She also shared how she was originally told to make it using creamed corn but instead used cream of chicken. The below recipe is a little bit my husband’s Mommy and a little bit me, the best of both worlds. Wink. After all I am sure we have all heard never to try and recreate something that Mom made for her little boy; it’ll never be as good. Hat’s off to Mom!

Now this can be made using a boiled, grilled, pre-cooked, rotisserie, or crock pot chicken. I used the leftover Crock Pot Baked Chicken I made the other night.


Chicken Spaghetti
recipe slightly adapted from my Mother in Law

2 large chicken breasts, diced
1 box spaghetti noodles
10 oz. can of rotel, mild
10.5 oz. can of cream of chicken soup
14.75 oz. can of creamed corn
16 oz. (1 lb.) processed cheese loaf, diced
1 onion, small diced
1 stick of butter
1 tablespoon chili powder
2 tablespoons seasoning blend

Sauté the onions in the stick of butter in a medium saucepan until translucent. Set aside.

Boil the noodles according to package directions, to al dente tenderness. Drain and pour back into the stockpot.

Add in the remaining ingredients and stir until the cheese product is completely melted.

Serve hot along with some crusty buttery garlic bread.


Like I said above it is one of our favorites. Now I've heard of people baking it off once it's combined and I am sure that's superb topped with cheese but with the heat I am not turning on the oven right now, no way, no how.

Update: I lied, apparently it's not too hot to turn on the oven on day two. The next day I baked off the leftovers, covered in cheese by the way, and it created a wonderfully gooey cheesy topping. I think I like it best this way.


Yummers,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...