Sunday, February 13, 2011

Tamale Scramble

One of my all-time favorite things to eat for breakfast are tamales. Baby Cakes goes to a little place around the way to get them for us on Saturday mornings, this isn’t an every weekend occurrence, but when he does we normally just shuck them and eat them straight from the paper sack they are packed in and that’s that. It’s time to shake it up a bit; dare I say that I am getting tired of our routine? No, I wouldn’t say that, ever, but the man of this house, aka Baby Cakes (manly name I know) deserves something new to delight his taste buds. He did wake up extra early to fill all the bird and squirrel feeders for me, so I would wake up to find that they are full (because don’t-cha-know, that is the very first thing I do every morning, run to the backyard to see if the birds ate all the seed. He’s too cute. And for those of you thinking ‘geez she really has an attachment to her bird feeders’, I was being facetious I am not kooky over my birds feeders. No not the feeders, but the birds? They are MY birds, MINE! Grin.)

I digress; this recipe was perfect for wanting to shake up the tamales a bit and the best part was that it really couldn’t be any simpler to make, wonderful for a Sunday morning. Basically it is just like tamales in a bowl, flavor wise, because the eggs just took on their flavor. I am most certainly going to make this again and again and again and then probably even again. Baby Cakes loved this one y’all, as did I.


Tamale Scramble

6 tamales, warm*
4-6 eggs, beaten
shredded cheese (optional)
sour cream (optional)

Break up the tamales in a skillet, stir in the eggs and scramble over medium/low heat. Top with cheese and sour cream if desired.

*to warm tamales: From frozen, thaw, wrap them in a damp paper towel and then nuke them in microwave for about 6 minutes. From just cold, wrap them in a damp paper towel or place them in a dish with a few tablespoons of water and nuke for 4-6 minutes.


I told you, just look at how simple this is to make. Sometimes simple recipe are the best recipes.

If you are a tamale fan I implore you to make this one.

Peace, Love and Spinach Dip,

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...