Sunday, August 9, 2009

Tuna Salad with Apples


Growing up my mom would make her tuna salad slighly like the recipe following. Instead of using chopped dill pickles she use relish, yuck! but I never seemed to mind as a child. You know now that I think about it really the only thing the same about my moms recipe and mine is the tuna and apples. Oh well, she still beats me on some other dishes.

You'll see that I am very specific on the list of ingredients normally to each her own but the tuna really matters.

Tuna Salad with Apples

2 5 oz. cans Chicken of the Sea Solid White Albacore Tuna in Water, drained
1 medium to large Red Delisious Apple, chopped chunky
1 cup dill pickles, chopped chunky
1-2 Tbsp. Mayo (Hellman's, Blue Plate, etc. just make sure it good mayo)
1/2 tsp. pepper
3/4 tsp. kosher salt
1 tsp. garlic powder (not salt)

Mix all the ingredients together and serve on lettuce, bread, with crackers or chips. So yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...