Friday, April 23, 2010

BBQ'd Pork Ribs


Ever since I met my Husband he had been telling me about his grilling abilities. When we were dating we always went out to eat or had dinners at either of our parents houses. Even when we moved in together into our old apartment (I've only been moved out of the apartment for a week tomorrow and I am already referring to it like we lived there years ago) we weren't allowed to have a pit, although truth be told it wouldn't have fit anyway, BCakes has an enormous grill. The week before we moved into the new house he got the grilling bug and on the very first day we offically moved in he lit the pit. The result? He wasn't fibbing, the man can grill.

Now I don't know much about grilling and well, I don't even know the recipe, neither does he since he just did a little of this and a little of that, so this post is more of a shareing post and an eyewitness account of what I saw him doing. Bear with me here. (grin)


BBQ'd Pork Ribs

Rack of Pork Ribs, thawed
BBQ Sauce (Sweet Baby Rays Honey BBQ Sauce)
Shaker of BBQ Seasoning Blend

Place thawed ribs into a shallow baking dish and sprinkle on seasoning blend and some BBQ sauce. Set in fridge and let sit overnight.

The next morning fire up the pit, we use charcoal and get the heat up to the optimal temp. for grilling ribs (he hasn't answered the phone yet so I don't even know the correct temp to put here, as soon as I do I will come and edit this).

Once your heat is right place the ribs onto the grill and brown/sear it until the outside it cooked.

Now wrap the ribs in foil, and add some more BBQ sauce in there too, wrap it up and put back on grill, shut the lid and let it cook all day long (around a temp. I will disclose later today).

That's pretty much it. When he took them off the pit that night they were smokey and sweet. The man can cook.


Speaking of the man, when I told him I wanted to take a picture of the ribs for the blog he smiled big and held the plate up. How could I not?


I promise to come back here tonight and put the correct temps and cooking time.

XOXO,

2 comments:

  1. Those are sure some good lookin' ribs and you can tell he is one proud fella! I just got a new grill that I can really work with so I'm hoping to get some grilling recipes going this summer. I love that Sweet Baby Ray's too.

    Congrats on your new home too & hope y'all have a great weekend Megan!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's a ham is what he is. lol.

    Thank you and thank you. I hope you have a great weekend as well.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...