Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Burger Delight

Here's another one for y'all from who else but the lovely English Kitchen once again. She calls it Marie's Burger Delight and it is just as she says on her post, "Yes, this is an unusual list of ingredients, but trust me when I tell you that this is fabulously delicious. Everyone loves this. You will too." I agree 100%. Even the hubs agrees 100%. He gives this one a "this stuff is the bomb" two thumbs up.

I am going to be completely honest here and tell you guys that at first, while cooking this dish, I was a bit peeved about all the pots and pans it takes to make it. All I kept thinking was if I had made regular spaghetti it would only take 1 pan and 1 pot, this recipe just adds another dish to the sink, it better be worth it. And even while tasteing I kept turning up my nose and asking what the big deal was. Let me tell you though, that some kind of magic happens while it's in the oven and when you taste it- oh my goodness!, knock your husband out good. (Food doesn't make me hit people, promise, well, maybe some things would but I can't think of anything right now.) Not kidding this recipe is that good. Who knew that all the odd items thrown together in this dish would be this yummy. I can't explain it but you have to try it.


Burger Delight
tweaked a tiny bit from Marie's Burger Delight

2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 lb. extra lean ground beef
1 large onion, peeled and chopped
1 beef bouilon cube
1 clove of garlic, peeled and minced
salt and pepper, to taste
2 teaspoons of red pepper flakes
1, 00 oz. can of creamed corn
1, 00 oz. can of condensed tomato soup
1/2 jar of Ragu spaghetti sauce
box of spaghetti noodles, broken into small peices
1 1/2 cups, grated, of a italian cheese mix

Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the beef, onion, garlic, crumbled beef cube, red pepper, salt and pepper to taste. Cook, and stir until the meat is nicely browned and the vegetables are soft. Stir in the corn, tomato soup and the spaghetti sauce. Mix together well, taste and adjust seasoning as necessary.

Cook your pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water until al dente, according to your package directions. Drain well and then stir the cooked spaghetti into the meat mixture.

Pre-heat the oven to 350 F.

Stir half of the cheese into the spaghetti mixture. Lightly grease a casserole dish. Pour the mixture into the dish and then cover with the remaining cheese. Cover with foil and bake for 35 to 40 minutes. Uncover and bake for 15 to 20 minutes longer, until nicely browned on top.

Remove from the oven and serve hot with some crusty bread and a crisp green salad.



Once again nom, nom y'all,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...