Sunday, October 24, 2010

Luscious Four-Layer Pumpkin Cake

Okay, I didn't make the recipe that I am about to share but Maggie did. If you follow my blog then you know that we just recently started sharing recipes. (Weird since we've been eating together my entire life, we're both food lovin' gals and talk almost daily (and the conversation always touches on food at some point.) Since she and I are so close (she's my Aunt too) what she makes is mine and vise versa so I'm sharing it in this post. Ha!

She made this this past weekend for the Girls Poker Party and it is divine! You guys it is light and airy with subtle pumpkin flavor. The filling is almost like a mousse. Mmmmmmm. It is amazing. I was already full from the snacks so I only wanted a small piece and then I looked down at this honking peice of cake on my plate and decided to share it with Vanessa, yeah almost didn't happen. At one point I looked at Ness and told her that she is going to have to get her own piece. Once you taste it you'll just keep shoveling it in your mouth. Sooooo gooood. But, my stomach got the better of me and I did infact share, but I didn't want to (pouting).

I've actually had my eye on this recipe for some time now. My co-worker, Sherry, emailed it to me a month or two back and we had ohh'd and ahh'd over it. Then Maggie told me she was making a pumkin cake for the girls night, who knew it would be the same cake? Very cool. Basically I got to eat something I've been wanting to eat and didn't have to bake it myself. Always wonderful.

I hoped to bring a slice or two (or four) home with me but it was late and I already had stuff to carry out (and I'm lazy, sometimes) so I didn't manage to get any home but Baby Cakes will give a review soon because I will be making this myself in the very near future (and I am willing to bet you will too).


Luscious Four-Layer Pumpkin Cake
recipe from Kraft Foods

What You Need

1 pkg. (2-layer size) yellow cake mix
1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin, divided
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup oil
4 eggs
1-1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice, divided
1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed
1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
1/4 cup chopped PLANTERS Pecans

Make It

HEAT oven to 350°F.

BEAT cake mix, 1 cup pumpkin, milk, oil, eggs and 1 tsp. spice in large bowl with mixer until well blended. Pour into 2 greased and floured 9-inch round pans.

BAKE 28 to 30 min. or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 min. Remove from pans to wire racks; cool completely.

BEAT cream cheese in medium bowl with mixer until creamy. Add sugar, remaining pumpkin and spice; mix well. Gently stir in COOL WHIP. Cut each cake layer horizontally in half with serrated knife; stack on serving plate, spreading cream cheese filling between layers. (Do not frost top layer.) Drizzle with caramel topping just before serving; top with nuts. Refrigerate leftovers.



Like I said above this is a light and airy cake recipe. Everyone who eats it will be smitten, no I take that back, they will be smote with this dessert. This absolutley wonderful pumpkin layer cake.

Bravo Maggie, Bravo!

Yum and Boo Y'all,

2 comments:

  1. Oh it is. Thanks for coming by and taking a peek.

    Also I just wanted to let you know that although I don't comment on your blog very often I go check it out just about everyday. XOXO.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...