Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Fried Sweet Butter Corn

You know, this is not something I grew up with, although both my Daddy and I's favorite veg is corn. No, this is a recipe a ex-boyfriend of my Maggie made one night when he decided to grace us with his talent in the kithen (instead of letting us do it all) and am I so glad he did. This is one I'll be making for years to come. In the words of my Mag's 12 year old son Nathan, Nom nom nom. (Grin)

I served this with boudin and a green salad. Michael was tres happy.

Fried Sweet Butter Corn


1 bag frozen sweet corn
2-4 tbs. butter
1 shallot, roughly diced
a BIG shake or so of Morton Nature's Seasons Seasoning Blend (yellow bottle with blue lid, no MSG)

In a saute pan, over medium heat, melt butter (sometimes I add more when I get the corn in there, I know, so Paula of me) and brown shallots. When they are good and carmalized add corn and seasoning blend (to suit your own tastes). Cook over Medium/Medium High until corn is lighly browned and carmalized too.

You will make this dish over and over again, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...