Thursday, January 19, 2012

Pan-Fried Chicken Athena

A person can only eat so many grilled chicken breasts, (okay, it takes quite a bit before I wave the white flag and surrender when it comes to chicken, pork even, I am a white meat girl) but I am just about chickened out. So in my normal fashion I took to searching and because that never disappoints I found a wonderful recipe, one that I had ripped out of a magazine last month. I kinda have a crush on Taste of Home Magazines. I think it’s one sided though because I pay for its love and it won’t let me log on to share a link with you guys.

It was so simple to throw together and who isn’t about that on a weeknight?


Pan-Fried Chicken Athena
recipe adapted from Taste of Home, Dec./Jan. 2012

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 tablespoons butter
6 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
6 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
¼ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes

Flatten the chicken breasts to ½ inch thickness.

Cook the chicken in butter in a large skillet over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until done. Transfer to a dish and keep warm.

Whisk in the lemon juice, worcestershire, mustard and salt into the pan drippings. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in the parsley.

Spoon over the chicken.


It seriously took no time at all and turned out wonderful. I know it's not much to look at but flavor wise it's wonderful. To peak Baby Cakes’ interest I sprinkled red pepper flakes over his before I served it.

1 chicken breast with 1 tablespoon of sauce equals 240 calories, I’m down with that.

Enjoy,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...