Saturday, June 25, 2011

Easy Peach Cobbler

Guess what guys, I was asked to do a guest post. My very first one! And this is the recipe I chose to share. It couldn't have been for a better blog, Mandy's Recipe Box, she has some great recipes over there. I have a ton saved in my files to make one day. Soon. But in the meantime go check her out and say hi. Oh and while you're there check out my post. Grin.
_______________________________________

I had a request, I love requests. They take the guess work out of deciding what to bring. This request is from my Dad, asking me to bring peach cobbler as a dessert on Father’s Day. I couldn’t turn him down.

While shopping for all the things we needed for the very busy coming up weekend my Mother in Law told me about her family’s easy recipe for fruit cobblers. Perfect timing, this will work perfectly for the peach cobbler I am supposed to make.


Easy Peach Cobbler
slightly adapted from 2 family recipes

2-3 large cans sliced peaches in juice, drained
1 stick of butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup flour, sifted
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Preheat the oven to 350.

Put the stick of butter into a 12x9 baking dish and let it melt in the oven while the oven is preheating.

Meanwhile in a large bowl mix the sugar, flour, baking powder, salt, milk and vanilla together.

Carefully pull the baking dish with the melted butter out of the oven and pour batter over the melted butter, do not stir.

Place peaches on top of batter and again do not stir.

Bake 45 minutes or until gold and bubbly.


I'm sorry for not taking a picture after it was served but I was at my parents house being social and didn't really think about the picture. Sorry. When I make it again I'll snap a photo. Promise.

My youngest brother said it was really good; he had 4 pieces, and told my sister in law that she had to get the recipe. He wasn’t alone, I thought it was great and so must have everyone else because later Sunday evening after we were home I got a message on Facebook from my Dad saying that the cobbler sure did smell good, too bad he didn’t get a piece. It must have been good if it was gone within the time span between me leaving and him getting out of the pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...