Monday, November 29, 2010

Buffalo Turkey Dip

I have leftover turkey (who doesn't?). I don't feel like cooking dinner tonight. The only way I will even walk myself into the kitchen is if I hardly have to do a thing. (Although now that I'm in here I see that I still need to clean the dishes from last night. Ugh!) Enter Buffalo Turkey Dip.

Originally I made/make this recipe using canned chicken, (it's another one of those recipes that I've made a million times before becoming a blogger) but I have turkey on hand to use so turkey it is. If you like hot wings, which we do, then you will love this dip. It is simple to make and easy to serve plus its hearty enough to be an entire meal. Yum! Oh and to brag on it a bit more I actually took this dip to my first Thanksgiving with BCakes' family and it has been requested by his cousin every year since. I think it is one of those "the way to a man's heart" dishes.

Baby Cakes always gives this one "10.5 thumbs up" and last night was no exception. So if you’re looking to use up turkey and are kind of tired of sandwiches give this one a try.


Buffalo Turkey Dip
recipe from FranksRedHot.com

8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup chunky blue cheese dressing
1/2 cup hot wing sauce
1 cup mozzarella cheese
2 cups diced turkey
1/4 cup mozzarella cheese

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Mix the first 5 ingredients together until combined well.

Bake for 20 minutes or until bubbly and then top with remaining 1/4 cup of cheese and bake until melted.

Serve with crackers and celery.


I thought I would throw in a picture of what the dip looks like without cheese on top...

I really can't describe this dip well enough for you other than by saying it tastes like buffalo wings. Use a celery stalk to scoop some up and it really is uncanny. Enjoy, because I know that once you taste it it'll stay in your recipe files forever.

XOXO,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...