Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Halloween Popcorn Crispy Treats

I saw a recipe like this on Food Network one late night and filed the idea away in the back of my mind for later usage. Today is that later use. Baby Cakes and I decided yesterday that starting next year we will begin having an annual halloween carving party at our home for all the neices and nephews. Really for anyone we know who has children. Just because we don't have kids doesn't mean I have to sit and miss out on my favorite holiday of the year. So right now I am testing out ideas to serve next year. This is on of the tester recipes.

The idea of this is great. And as I take a bite I realize I can see kids loving this recipe, just add some gummy worms and it is on. Speaking of kids loving it Baby Cakes ate so much of this. lol. XOXO. (the funny thing about that sentence in that BCakes is my 30 year old husband to those who don't already know.)

Just make sure to spend an extra moment picking out the unpopped kernals. Can we say ouch? This has made it on the list for next year probably for the use of a party favor. Later this week I think I am going to try butter popcorn and candy coated peanut butter candies. Yum!


Halloween Popcorn Crispy Treats

1 bag kettle corn popcorn, popped
1/4 cup butter
2 cups marshmallows
1/4 cup candy corn
1/4 cup peanut butter covered candies
1/4 cup halloween colored jelly beans

Pop the popcorn in the microwave according to package directions. Set aside.

In a medium saucepan melt the butter and marshmallows.

Once melted add in the popped popcorn, stir, and then the candy, stir.

Scoop into a prepared baking dish, spread and then press tightly into dish. Let cool, cut into squares and then enjoy!


Halloween has hit me with a force so strong this week and I am so excited about Sunday. Trick or Treaters are coming to my house! I so plan on being one of the cool ladies in the neighborhood so Baby Cakes and I bought ring pops and fundip to give out and not that little wimpy mini size either. Grin.

Happy Spooking Everyone,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...