Thursday, August 25, 2011

Crock Pot Apple Pork Loin

I know that this in not really the time of year for roast, or for apples even. Yes, this would make a great fall recipe but I am getting an ache for the fall season and decided that I don’t want to wait any longer. I want what I want and it’s my birthday so na-na-nana-na.

This was super easy to pull together and all day I have been looking forward to eating it tonight…


Crock Pot Apple Pork Loin

1 lb. pork loin, mesquite flavor
¼ cup apple juice
¼ sugar
4 apples, cored and sliced

Place the pork tenderloin in the crock pot.

In a small saucepan stir to combine the sugar and juice, stir over low heat until the sugar dissolves. You do not want to cook the juice, just dissolve the sugar.

Pour the mixture over the pork loin.

Cover and cook on High heat for 1 hour.

Add the apples and continue cooking on Low heat for 3 more hours.

Serving size: ½ cup apples and 1/8 of the pork loin
Weight Watchers Points Plus Points: 4



I am going to be completely honest with you, the pork loin is fantastic the apples however not so much. I will make this again but leave out the apples. The juice and sugar mixture made for a super moist roast. I dig it. Yum.

XOXO,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...