Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Pepper Jelly and Soy Glazed Salmon

First off I want to say that I have missed my blog something fierce and neva eva want to go this long without it again! I am back, for longer than one post I pray and hope that I didn't lose too many, if any, followers/fans while I was away.

Baby Cakes and I are trying to eat healthier so what could be better for us than fish? I get like this sometimes and he recently grabbed a tiny little roll of flab, I don't even thing you can call it that, and said he wanted to eat better so here we are. (The truth is that it's no surprise, I haven't been cooking lately, in about what 3 months? So take-out has been our lifeline lately. Shame on me I know.) This Salmon recipe might not be considered "healthy" by some but hey, it tastes wonderful and Baby Cakes ate the entire thing just to prove it. (Not kidding, the entire thing except for my one little peice!)

I found this recipe in an issue of Better Homes & Gardens awhile back and because it has been stored in my recipe box for well, I don't know how long, there is no date or issue number to give you. Although I bet if you run a search for it you could probably find it somewhere.

Like I said this recipe is wonderful. I did change two itty bitty ingredients in the recipe and that was adding brown sugar and not using cilantro.

(Now keep in mind that I took this picture after I cut, plated and served it. I wish I had taken a picture of the entire fillet. XOXO.)

Pepper Jelly and Soy Glazed Salmon
from Better Homes & Gardens

2 lbs. fresh or frozen skinless salmon fillet, about 1 inch thick
2/3 cup green jalapeno pepper jelly
1/3 cup rice vinegar
1/3 cup soy sauce
3 green onions, sliced
1 Tbsp. grated fresh ginger
2 tsp. toasted sesame oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup sliced fresh jalapeno chile peppers and/or green onions

Thaw the fish if frozen. Rinse fish, pat dry.

In saucepan melt jelly over low heat. Stir in next seven ingredients, all but brown sugar.

Place fish in shallow dish; pour mixture over fish. Cover; refriderate 1 to 2 hours, turning fish occasionally.

Preheat oven broiler on low.

Remove fish from marinade; reserve marinade.

Place fish on a greased sheet of heavy-duty foil and then tent it with another peice of foil; place under the broiler and cook for 15-18 minutes or until fish flakes when tested with a fork.

Add brown sugar to reserved marinade and then bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, 10 to 15 minutes or until reduced to 1/2 cup. Drizzle over fish; sprinkle peppers and green onions before serving.


It was moist and flavorful. I loved the glaze and infact will probably trying this with chicken too. Soooo good. XOXO,

2 comments:

  1. What a great blog!

    This looks so delicious!

    Have a nice time!
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Paula, your blog has the most amazing photos. I am so jealous! Please keep coming back and thanks for the comment.- Meg

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...